City of Celina
225 North Main Street
Celina, OH 45822

City of Celina, Ohio
Mayor's Office

Q:  I would like to sell magzines, fund raising items or products door to door in Celina. What do I need to do?

A:  A Peddler's License must be applied for and obtained through the Mayor's office.

     Fee: $30 per calendar year (non-refundable)

Peddler's Ordinance      License Application


City Council

Q:  Who is my Council Person

A:   Locate your Ward on the Ward Map and then check to see which Council Person serves that Ward 


Electric Department

Q:  My street light is out or flickering on and off. Who do I call to have it repaired?

A:  Contact Celina Utilities Customer Service Department at 419-586-2311 

Please give location of street light by stating the street and address nearest the problem.


Public Works Department

Q:  I have a dead tree between the sidewalk and street what do I do?

A:  Trees in the right-of-way (between the sidewalk and street) will be removed by the Public Works Department.

To report a tree which is of concern please call 419-586-3032

Q:  My drains are not working properly what should I do?

A:  In many cases the problem is in the property owners own sewer or drain line and will require a plumber. The City will check the City's sewers at your request before a plumber is called. You may call 419-586-3032 Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.



Q:  When do I need a permit for sewer/water?

A:  A permit is required for connection, demo or repair to any City utility, including water, storm sewer and sanitary sewer.

Q:  How much does the permit cost?

A:  Permit fees vary.

A sanitary sewer demo or repair permit is $60

New sanitary sewer tap permit is $800 ($570 tap fee plus $230 impact fee) plus any assessment per subdivision

New water tap permit is $700

Some sewer and water tap permits also come with a county assesment fee

Sewer & Water Permit Fees

Please call our Uitlity Department at 419-586-2311

Please note: Because all new commercial or industrial taps are different it is best to call for pricing.

A permit is also necessary for street openings. Street opening permits are based on the age of street as well as the square footage of opening made. Street Cut Ordinance



Q:  I would like to rent a shelter house at one of the City Parks. Who do I contact & what does it cost?

A:  Call the Parks Department at 419-586-1041 at least 2 weeks before your event. 

     The rental fee is $25 (non-refundable)

Q:  How can I get a membership to the Swimming Pool?

A:  Pool memberships can be purchased at the Recreation Depatment, 426 West Market Street, a week prior to the season's opening. After the pool has opened all memberships can be purchased at the Pool Office during regular scheduled hours throughout the summer. For more information call 491-586-1041


Water Distribution

Q:  Who should I call to report a leak?

A:  Call the Celina Utilities Office at 419-586-2311 between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. After 5:00 PM or on the weekends or holidays all utility calls will be answered at the Celina Police Department.



Q:  What requires a zoning permit?

A:  Virtually ALL new construction requires a permit. This includes additions, sheds, decks, fences, swimming pools and signs. Any time a property changes it's use, a zoning permit and possibly a meeting with the City Planning Commission is required. When in doubt, call the Engineering office to see if your particular project must have a zoning permit.

Q:  How is a zoning permit obtained?

A:  A site plan indicating the location and dimension of the lot lines must be submitted to the Celina Engineering Department showing the dimensions and location of all existing and proposed buildings and structures. An application (available here or at the Engineering Office) must also accompany the plan. The overall time for processing is approximately 7-10 days so please plan accordingly. Please note: If your project requires State approval please contact Miami County Building Regulations office A.S.A.P. as the review time for State permits is much longer than for City Zoning permits.

The information you will be asked to provide is listed below.

  1. Name of owner and address where work is being done.
  2. Name of person doing the work if different than the owner, and approximate cost of improvements.
  3. You will need to know approximate location of shed, fence, or addition in relation to your property lines and existing buildings on your property.  
  4. We need to know the height and/or square footage of the structure being built. 
  5. You will need to stake or mark where the new construction will be placed on your property.

If all items meet our zoning code regulations for your district then a permit will be issued and either mailed to you or can be picked up in our office (at  your request) following approval. 

If you have any questions about what to expect please call our office at 419.586.1144.

Click here for zoning permit forms and fees.


Commercial, Industrial, Subdivision New Construction Information

Q: We are looking to build/start a new business (Commercial or Industrial) or plan a development in Celina and we have alot of questions. Who do I call?

A:  Start by calling our City's Administration at 419-586-6464. For zoning/planning issues call the City Engineering Department at 419-586-1144.

The City has developed a check list for developers of commercial, industrial or new subdivision construction. Also required is a listing of contractors and subcontractors on a project. Please call 419.586.6464 to discuss your plans with the Administration Offices or 419.586.1144  for the Engineering Department. Below you will find links to the aforementioned check list and required contractors information.

Construction Check List

Project Contractor Information List

As of July 1, 2008 any Commercial, Industrial or Residential (4 units and up) are required to have Ohio State approved plans & inspections through Miami County Building Department. Any questions regarding State regulations, inspections or permit fees should be directed to Robert Bowman at 937.440.8121 or 937.440.8075.

My neighbor doesn't take care of his home or his rental property. What can I do?

An Ordinance that will affect rental property owners that you MUST be aware of. To view the ordinance as it is written, please click on the link below. To view a signed copy of the ordinance, please stop by the Engineering Office or Police Department or call 419.586.1144 or 419.586.2345.

           Property Maintenance

Junk, Junk Car & Weed Ordinance

To file a complaint with the City of Celina, call our Compliment/Complaint line at 419.432.3000.


I have questions regarding the City of Celina income taxes.

Please read our Income Tax FAQ.

If you require further assistance, call 419.586.2594.


Q:  I would like to put up a sign for my new or existing business. Do I need a Permit? Are there regulations in regards to size?

A:  You need to acquire an accessory building permit before the construction of a new dwelling or addition to an existing structure, or the placement of a shed or fence to your property. 

If you have any zoning questions, please call 419.586.1144.

A zoning permit as well as a State Builidng permit is required for most new signs. One is also required for certain changes to existing signs. Permits are required PRIOR to the placement of a new or changed sign. Please call the Engineering Office 419.586.1144 for sign regulations or review those regulations in our Zoning Code Section 1185.

With regards to State permits, ALL commercial signs will must also be reviewed and permitted through Miami County Building Regulations office in Troy. Please call Robert Bowman at 937-440-8121 should you have questions concerning State sign permits.

Business signs (for homebased businesses) are not permitted within residential areas without an approved Conditional Use permit. For more information on this issue please call Celina Engineering Department at 419-586-1144.

Also any signs that are placed in the street right-of-way (area between sidewalk and curb) are subject to removal. This applies to ALL signs including real estate and political signs. 





We are a small City abounding with friendly, warmhearted people inviting you to come visit us. We are always willing to share our lake, tree-lined Main Street with its stately homes, our diverse places of worship, and our beautiful downtown as well as the outlying areas of shopping. Take the time to browse our website and discover for yourself the many facets of our community.

Celina is constantly in motion with news and
events for all ages and interests. We are
located on Grand Lake's west shore in the
READ MORE middle of agricultural Mercer County Ohio.
Check out this section often for up-to-date
listings. We encourage you to explore Celina
and really enjoy its beauty, history, people and numerous activities.